DMS SEALS TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED
The Professional Sealing Solution Supplier(O Ring Suppliers&Oil Seal Manufacturers).
Rubber O-rings are defined as simple circular seals-set that are used in cylindrical structures to prevent the given media from leaking through the joints. These important materials are used in constructions to handle intense pressure of the flowing media. They may look very simple but their function is very important in constructions. It's important therefore to choose the best quality from the rubber o ring suppliers in the market, it order to get the best results.
Dating back to the 19th century where they started their applications, rubber O rings began to be used by most of the early inventors. Thomas Edison started using rubber o rings in his experiments including pistons, telescope as well as the light bulb. Although by then the prototype o ring used were not quite efficient because of their quality. This changed when one of the young inventors dedicated himself on the task of developing efficient rubber o rings.
At the age of 71 years Niles Christensen invented the new modern o rings. Niels immigrated to United states from Torring, Denmark where he was born. He started out by inventing brakes for electric street cars, but he had a challenge with his patent rights which stopped his projects. So he started out again this time spending a couple of years adding patents in his name including brakes, engines and new starters. He then got into his ultimate effective invention in the thirties, when he invented the O ring.
Rubber O rings are mostly used in various mechanical systems for the sole purpose of sealing various fluids and air-flows from leaking out. They are usually installed into the cavities and grooves of the systems, where they're deformed so as to prevents leaking of fluid or air,
There are different types of o rings depending on the use, you should get to know them as well as the spec before looking for a o ring supplier. Some specifications of O rings include;
- The inner diameter.
- The cross-section diameter.
- The material composition.
- The material hardness.
O rings designed for industrial applications are designed to withstand wide range of pressures as well as extremely high temperatures. The manufactures utilizes variety of industrial elastometers to accomplish this goal in the process. Most of the rubber o ring suppliers in the market have been serving the industrial sectors for decades.
Different elastometers are used for supporting a particular function for the desired application of the o ring. Nitrile and Buna N are the most popular elastometers used in creating o rings. These elastometers are best known for their flexibility, toughness, and their availability.
Apart from those two there are other elastometers which usually used to create o rings for some specific applications. For instance, the o rings used in semiconductors and aerospace applications are created with Fluorosilicone and Viton elastometers. Here is the list of elastometers and the O rings produced, check it out before looking for the rubber o ring suppliers you desire.
List of elastometers and their specifications for different rubber O rings.
Nitrile & Buna N
- They have a temperature range between 65 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.- They are used to create O rings for general purposes such as; water, petroleum oils, as well as hydraulic fluids. Buna N has tear and abrasive resistant qualities.- They function great in applications with limited resistant and temperature requirements.- They usually have problems with brake fluids in automotive, phosphate ester hydraulic fluids, ketones, nitro and halogenated hydrocarbons. - They are resistant to ozone and weather, this resistance is usually supported through compounding.Most rubber o ring suppliers in the market have done a great job with the nitrile o rings.
The Ethylene Propylene Rubber.
- This elastometer can withstand temperature ranging between 65 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.- It is used for hydraulic fluids, skydrol, steam, water, brake fluids, alcohols as well as silicone fluids.- It can irritate the skin and has a noxious smell. It is also corrosive and can damage equipment.- Just like nitrile, the EPR is not perfect for a wide range of applications because of the wear and tear.- Creates Rubber O rings for aerospace industry.
- This type of elastometer is used to create o rings for lots of applications. It create o rings to seal perfectly jobs that involves movement.
- It is well suited for silicone fluids, petroleum oils, acids, gases and halogenated hydrocarbons such as carbon tetrachloride.
- These o rings from fluorocarbon are not recommended for esters, skydrol, amines, and ether with very low molecular weight.
- The o rings can be used for various automotive, chemical processing industries as well as appliance.
- The temperature ranges from 65 to 300 Fahrenheit.- O rings from neoprene are suitable for sealing air conditioner units, refrigerants in the refrigeration, silicate ester lubricants with mild acid resistance, and petroleum oils.- The products from this elastometer are usually comprised of lead agents which can be very hazardous to people.- Some people are also allergic to neoprene.
- The temperature ranges between 65 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.- The O rings are suitable for hydraulic fittings, valves, pneumatic tools, firearms and cylinders.- The Polyurethane has great extrusion and abrasion features, and it is also tough.
The Silicone Elastometer.
- The temperature ranges between 120 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. But these silicone O rings have proven to also to withstand 175 degrees Fahrenheit for short periods of exposure.- The O rings are better suited for static than dynamic applications, since they have poor abrasion, tear, and tensile strength resistance- They perform great with steam, water, as well as petroleum fluids.
The PTFE Elastometer.
- The temperature ranges between 100 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. - Just like Silicone, the PTFE is also rigid and has best results with static than dynamic applications.- The O rings have abrasion and corrosion resistant features, chemical inertness, non permeability and low absorption.- The O rings are suitable for paint guns, as well as automotive steering device.
With this information you can get to understand all the types of O rings available in the market. You will also learn the type of rubber O ring that suits your project before searching for the rubber o ring suppliers.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.